Compulsory Third Party insurance (CTP) is the area of legal practice that is concerned with providing the compensation in case of death or injury caused by the driver of the insured vehicle.
CTP insurance compensation payments cover the costs for pharmaceutical, hospital and rehabilitation for the injured persons. Claims can also be made to cover the lost income for the time the injured person is unable to work due to their injuries.
Legal practitioners who act in the area of CTP claims will generally specialise in:
- General claims (including whiplash and fracture)
- Major and catastrophic claims that include:
- Injuries with various causes
- Liability disputes
- Damages with complex assessment requirements
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain a recommendation that suits your needs and budget.
What Expert Evidence
After an accident, in order to establish the legal responsibilities of an accident, experts are often required to analyse complicated issues, draw conclusions and deliver their expert opinions at trials. They can also make determinations about the issues behind the crash and provide views upon the injuries and its effects on the individuals involved.
Various experts are sought in different areas or fields in order to reach to a correct decision. The experts generally have extensive experience in the area in question.
Some of the common fields of experts that are utilised in CTP claims are:
- Accident Reconstruction
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype