Fire and explosion forensic investigations are two diverse subjects of forensic science and engineering. Each has many sub-disciplines.
Forensic investigations of fires involve determining the origin (where it started), causes (how it started) and responsibilities (who started it) of the fire. Other subjects such as the rapid spread of the fire, failure of occupants’ escape, and failure of detection and control are also investigated as part of a forensic investigation.
Forensic investigations of explosions involve determining the nature of the explosion (was it chemical or mechanical), type of the fuel used in the explosion (dust, gas or chemicals), and accountability of the explosion.
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain a recommendation that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Fire and explosive forensic investigation experts conduct scientific-based investigation and analysis of fire and explosion incidents including:
- residential fires
- explosions in industrial settings
- explosions in silos and storage facilities
- fires involving flammable liquids
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype