Forensic pathology is the field of expertise that focuses on medicolegal investigations of sudden or unexpected death. It involves working in the fields of;
- Death investigation
- Examining the body of the deceased to outline the cause of the death
- Finding factors that contribute to the death
- Assisting with the reconstruction of the death scene
In order to determine the identity of the victim, and the time, manner and cause of the death, the expert in the field of forensic pathology must:
- Study the medical details of the victim
- Inspect and evaluate the crime scene for evidence and assess witness statements
- Perform autopsies to discover evidence of injury or diseases
- Collect medical and other evidence from the victim’s corpse for further investigation
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain a recommendation that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Experts in the fields of forensic pathology are highly sought after to testify and provide evidence for cases related to medical negligence. They also can offer insight and perspective to explain the details of the victim’s illnesses or injuries and are able to outline a step by step sequence of events that led to the victim’s death.
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype