Demonstrated capability to achieve successful return to work outcomes of approximately 70% for new employer and 90% for same employer through strategic claims management. Via direct intervention, Expert ID10475 has returned > 200 individuals to gainful employment. In terms of indirect management, which has included management of rehabilitation projects/teams on a larger scale, Expert ID10475 has guided the return to work of over 500 individuals.
Psychologist / vocational assessor #ID10475
Expert ID10475 is a registered psychologist who has over 10 years’ experience in clinical rehabilitation, and assessment of earning, vocational and psychological capacity.
Expert ID10475 brings experience obtained across a very large sample of claimants (numbering in the 10,000+ range) which affords excellent judgment when assessing rehabilitation potential and employability of an individual having regard for their skills, medical limitations and labour market factors.
By virtue of having employment experience within all broad stakeholders responsible for return to work (I.e. Treating Practitioner, internal Human Resources Management, and Insurer/Regulator) Expert ID10475 brings an advanced understanding of the interrelationship between these parties and the respective role of each party in the return to work process.
Fields of Expertise
- Earning Capacity Assessments
- Employability assessments
- Labour market assessments and investigations
- Vocational assessment
- Psychological capacity for work
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) (Psychology)
- Weighted average mark (WAM) of greater than distinction level.
- Awarded with Honours (Division 1)
- Empirical & Theoretical Thesis
- RTW coordinator Certification (SIRA)
- Certificate IV (Occupational Health & Safety)
- Extensive clinical rehabilitation experience with a leading life insurance specialist, a law enforcement agency of NSW Government, NSW Worker’s Compensation Scheme Agent and a large national rehabilitation organisation which provides services to multiple insurance schemes.
- Expert ID10475 continues to work with providers of vocational rehabilitation services, in the clinical treatment of mental health disorders and providing assistance with strategic injury prevention within a top 4 banking corporation.
- Experienced in the use of psychometric assessment for a variety of purposes including as a source of objective data to inform on the conclusions drawn by medico-legal assessments. This has included assessment of intellectual functioning, personality functioning and clinical diagnostic assessment.
- Expert knowledge in the clinical management of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and the rehabilitation of NSW Police Officers
- Experienced in administration of therapeutic methods including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Solution-Focussed Brief Therapy.
- Driving strategic direction in claims management and knowledge of legislation pertinent to NSW/ACT Worker’s Compensation, & Comcare. Additionally, well developed understanding of the operation of life insurance policies for Income Protection and Total Permanent Disability.
- Demonstrated capability to achieve successful return to work outcomes of approximately 70% for new employer and 90% for same employer and returned over 200 individuals to work.
- Expert ID10475 has prepared over 500 medico legal assessments of psychological functional capacity, personality, employability and earning capacity.
- Registered Psychologist (AHPRA)
- Associate member of the Australian Psychological Society
Since 2001 Expert Experts have been helping clients across Australia find the right expert to address their evidentiary requirements across many areas of law.
Let us help you save time and cost.
Enforcing guarantees - Independent evidence of mental capacity now as important as independent legal advice.
St Leonards 1590
Phone: 1300 72 66 55
Fax: 1300 72 66 33