Environmental law includes the structure of international treaties and local regulations, statutes and conventions that administer the interaction between humans and the natural environment.
It regulates a broad range of activities that affect water, land, air, flora or fauna, and includes regulations that relate to:
- Protection of flora and fauna
- Land use and development
- Mining and exploration
- Waste disposal
- Marine Life
- Climate change
- Chemicals and pesticides
In this field of law, legal practitioners advise and resolve disputes of environmental and planning law matters through the court system or through alternative dispute resolution processes.
They generally specialise and;
- Act for the organisations/individuals/community that allege the environmental damage has been caused
- Act for the organisations/individuals who are claimed to have cause the environmental damage
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain an expert submission that suits your needs and budget.
What Expert Evidence
Experts are often required in an environmental law claim to provide expert opinion on liability/damage cover issues. The scope of the fields of expertise required can vary greatly depending on the subject matter of the case, and hence experts from multiple disciplines are used in such cases.
Experts generally have extensive experience in the field in question.
Some of the common fields of experts that are utilised in environmental law claims are:
- Air pollution
- Chemical/waste contamination
- Soil/groundwater pollution
- Industrial hygiene
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype