This is an area of legal practice that focuses on legal issues that are of particularly relevant to older members of the community.
With an ageing population that is living longer there are specific issues that raise unique legal issues.
- preparing wills
- preparing powers of attorney
- guardianship / living wills
- superannuation and estate planning
- assisted living facilities and nursing homes
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain an expert submission that suits your needs and budget.
What Expert Evidence
Some situations and issues that may give rise to a need for expert opinion in the senior / elder law area of practice include:
Psychological testing and confirmation of legal capacity when:
- executing wills
- executing powers of attorney
- executing guardianship / living wills
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype