Air conditioning is part of the HVAC technology (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) which is a specialised field of mechanical engineering. Its goal is to provide comfort and acceptable indoor air quality.
An air conditioner contains five components including a condenser, refrigerant, compressor, expansive valve and evaporator coil. It works by transferring the heat outside and leaving only cool air behind. This process is known as the refrigeration cycle.
Air conditioning units may come in different forms depending on their size and the mechanisms they use. The different types include:
- Window units and packaged terminals
- Split systems
- Portable units
Air conditioning is an important part of all types of structures including:
- Residential structures
- Medium to large industrial and office buildings
- Ships and submarines
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain a recommendation that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Air conditioning experts may be required to provide expert opinion in cases involving:
- Product liability
- Air quality issues
- Construction defects
- Poor design of the air conditioning system
- Improper maintenance procedures
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype