Ceramic engineering is the science and technology of creating objects from inorganic, non-metallic materials. Ceramic materials are crystalline or partly crystalline structures that are formed from a molten mass that becomes solid upon cooling.
Ceramics are heat resistant which make them useful in tasks where materials like metals and plastics are not suitable. This special character of ceramic materials makes them useful in applications in materials engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering and mechanical engineering.
Ceramics are very useful in a wide range of industries including:
- Chemical science
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain an expert submission that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Experts in ceramic engineering may provide opinion in cases across a variety of industries. They may be required to:
- Assess glass quality
- Investigate fibreglass production, management and maintenance processes
- Investigate ceramics failures
- Perform structural analysis involving ceramics
- Investigate accidents in laboratories involving ceramics
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype