Forensic engineering is a field of expertise that is concerned with investigating the cause of failure in structures, materials and other engineered products. Some of the sub-discplines within the field include:
Forensic engineers investigate the causes of failure in a systematic way using a variety of methodologies.
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain a recommendation that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
The range of factual situations where the advice of forensic engineers may be sought is very broad and includes:
- fatigue failures in aircraft structures
- failure of residential and commercial buildings
- failures of pipes
- medical equipment or device failure
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype