Forensic engineering is a field of expertise that is concerned with investigating the cause of failure in structures, materials and other engineered products. Some of the sub-discplines within the field include:
Forensic engineers investigate the causes of failure in a systematic way using a variety of methodologies.
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain an expert submission that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
The range of factual situations where the advice of forensic engineers may be sought is very broad and includes:
- fatigue failures in aircraft structures
- failure of residential and commercial buildings
- failures of pipes
- medical equipment or device failure
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype