ID1849 has published more than a dozen technical papers in leading international refereed professional journals. His work has been cited in these journals more than 130 times.
Forensic Engineer – Acoustics / Audio / Electronics #ID1849
ID1849 has more than 45 years’ experience in electrical engineering and for the past 30+ years he has worked as an Engineering Consultant to government, industry, the legal community and others specialising in the fields of acoustics, audio, communications, computing, electronics and video. He continues to regularly consult in these fields undertaking design, problem and accident investigation, liability examination and analysis, and acts as an expert witness.
As a Forensic Consultant, ID1849 has performed hundreds of detailed analyses and examinations for court actions using analogue and digital techniques, including the enhancement of audio and video recordings, transcription, authenticity determination, analysis and interpretation, signal processing, CCTV investigation, speech analysis and comparison, and acoustic modelling. He is an experienced forensic investigator with extensive court experience.
Fields of Expertise
Education highlights include:
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (Honours)
- Master of Engineering Science (Electrical Engineering)
Employment highlights include:
- 30+ years as an Engineering Consultant specialising in the fields of acoustics, audio, communications, computing, electronics and video (current)
- 30+ years as a Forensic Consultant / Investigator performing hundreds of detailed analyses and examinations for court (current)
- 12 years experience as a Researcher in the communications department at a well known Australian university
- 3 years experience as a Tutor in the School of Electrical Engineering at a well known Australian university
- 5 years experience as a Teaching Fellow in the School of Electrical Engineering at a well known Australian university
- 2 years experience as a Research Engineer at the Australian Telecommunications Commission
Membership highlights include:
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (USA)
- Audio Engineering Society (USA)
ID1849 was a Member of the Institution of Radio and Electronics Engineers (IREE) (Australia) until its dissolution in 2000. He was a Member of the IREE Audio Group and a Member of many organising committees. He was also a past Chairman and Secretary.
He has also been a Member and Australian Representative of the Standards Association of Australia (now Standards Australia).
Since 2001 Expert Experts have been helping clients across Australia find the right expert to address their evidentiary requirements across many areas of law.
Let us help you save time and cost.
St Leonards 1590
Phone: 1300 72 66 55
Fax: 1300 72 66 33