Mechanical Engineer #ID2026
ID2026 has over four decades of practical, consultative and academic experience in mechanical engineering. His main areas of interest revolve around stress analysis and the design of products with reference to strength and stiffness.
He graduated with a Bachelor of Science (1st Class Honours) and then later a PhD from a distinguished Scottish university. He has conducted over 1,500 consultations for both public and private bodies in a variety of contexts. Such consultations include fatigue analyses of welded structures and the structural design of products such as ladders, machine frames, furniture components, medical implants, scuba cylinders and railway track components. He was the lead mechanical design engineer for one of the Gold Cup winners of a major international design competition.
Much of his research has focused on the structure of ladders and the factors contributing to ladder-related accidents. He has carried out many forensic investigations for such accidents.
Further, this expert has appeared as an expert witness in all levels of the Australian court system, coronial inquiries and patent matters. He was also the Chief Investigator for the NSW Department of Public Works and Services on a number of high profile incidents.
ID2026 has also worked as a Lecturer then Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering at a prestigious Australian university and has published many papers in international journals and conferences relating to a number of areas of study.
He is a Fellow of the Institute of Engineers Australia, a Chartered Professional Engineer and a Member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Bachelor of Science (First Class Honours)
- Senior Lecturer - Australian university
- Independent Engineering Consultant - Self employed
- Chief Investigator - NSW Department of Public Works and Services
- Committee Member - Standards Australia
- Fellow - Institution of Mechanical Engineers (UK)
- Chartered Engineer (UK)
- Fellow - Institution of Engineers Australia
- Chartered Professional Engineer (Australia)
- Member - American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland
- National Engineering Register (Australia)
Since 2001 Expert Experts have been helping clients across Australia find the right expert to address their evidentiary requirements across many areas of law.
Let us help you save time and cost.
St Leonards 1590
Phone: 1300 72 66 55
Fax: 1300 72 66 33