ID2286 has particular interest in medico-legal matters and has been appointed in positions such as an expert witness panel member, peer reviewer and expert advisory panel member for numerous organisations including RANZCO, workers compensation and the Health Care Complaints Commission. He also has decades of experience lecturing in this field and regularly presents at medico-legal seminars.
ID2286 is an Ophthalmologist with over 35 years’ clinical experience who has served in a variety of professional and academic positions lecturing extensively on medico-legal matters. With appointments as an impairment assessor, ID2286 is fully accredited by the Workers Compensation Commission of NSW, Comcare and State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA). Appointments include: Expert Advisory Panel, Representative for AMA Medico-Legal Committee, Board Member, Chairperson and Lecturer.
ID2286 holds particular interest and clinical experience in oculoplastic, cataract, corneal and refractive surgery. He has conducted clinical studies into Excimer Laser Treatment, and developed the training protocols for and continues to provide laser vision correction treatment; cataract surgery, oculoplastic surgery, corneal transplantation, glaucoma surgery,
strabismus surgery and ocular oncology.
ID2286 is a frequent conference speaker and lecturer of an undergraduate university program, on all aspects of cataract, corneal and laser refractive surgery as well as ophthalmic plastic surgery. Most recently, he contributed to the medical standards for driver licensing assessments by health professionals and driver licensing authorities.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery; an Australian University
Fellow, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO)
Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
Postgraduate training in London and Cambridge.
· 30+ years Consultant Ophthalmologist
· 20 years experience in Chairperson or Board Member roles in eye departments or eye hospital clinics in Australia
· 20 years Clinical Tutor in Ophthalmology (an Australian university)
· 15+ years Approved Medical Specialist for permanent impairment and general medical disputes (SIRA)
· 10+ years Appeal Panel Member (SIRA)
· 10+ years Expert Witness Panel Member (RANZCO)
· 10 years Accredited Impairment Assessor (Comcare)
· 10 years Expert Advisory Panel (NSW Health Care Complaints Commission)
· 8+ years Peer Review Panel (Worksafe Victoria)
· 3 years assessing Fitness to Drive (RANZCO subcommittee)
· Clinical research studies, with over 40 papers and lectures presented including medico-legal to the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO)
American Academy of Ophthalmology
Australasian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (Foundation Member)
Australian and New Zealand Society of Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeons (Foundation Member)
American Society of Cataract Refractive Surgery
Medico-Legal Society of NSW
Australian Medical Association (AMA)
Since 2001 Expert Experts have been helping clients across Australia find the right expert to address their evidentiary requirements across many areas of law.
Let us help you save time and cost.
St Leonards 1590
Phone: 1300 72 66 55
Fax: 1300 72 66 33