Oncology is the field of medicine that involves the study, treatment, prevention and diagnosis of cancer. An oncologist is a doctor who treats cancer and provides care to cancer patients.
Depending on the type of cancer or the stage of cancer, an oncologist may use various methods of treatment including:
- Internal medicine
- Radiation therapy
- Stem cells
- Hormone therapy
There are three types of oncologist depending on the treatment techniques they use:
- Medical oncologists treat cancer using chemotherapy or other medicines
- Surgical oncologists treat cancer by removing the tumour or cancerous tissue by surgical operation
- Radiation oncologists treat cancer using radiotherapy
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain an expert submission that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Oncology experts may be required to provide opinion in cases involving:
- Medical malpractice
- Side effects during treatment
- Wrongful medication
- Insurance issues
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype