Oncology is the field of medicine that involves the study, treatment, prevention and diagnosis of cancer. An oncologist is a doctor who treats cancer and provides care to cancer patients.
Depending on the type of cancer or the stage of cancer, an oncologist may use various methods of treatment including:
- Internal medicine
- Radiation therapy
- Stem cells
- Hormone therapy
There are three types of oncologist depending on the treatment techniques they use:
- Medical oncologists treat cancer using chemotherapy or other medicines
- Surgical oncologists treat cancer by removing the tumour or cancerous tissue by surgical operation
- Radiation oncologists treat cancer using radiotherapy
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain a recommendation that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Oncology experts may be required to provide opinion in cases involving:
- Medical malpractice
- Side effects during treatment
- Wrongful medication
- Insurance issues
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype