Clinical Associate Professor at an Australian university
Specialist Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon #ID1920
ID1920 is a specialist plastic and reconstructive surgeon with particular expertise in gender reassignment surgery. He performs a variety of cosmetic, reconstructive, hand and therapeutic surgery and can also advise on non-surgical procedures such as cosmetic denervation and dermal fillers.
He is considered the most senior burns surgeon in the country with interests in reconstructive surgery in general and having a well recognised plastic surgery practice as well as being the foremost gender reassignment surgeon in Australasia.
ID1920 was awarded the Order and Australia for the services performed on victims of the Bali bombings. He has trained some of Australia’s most highly regarded plastic surgeons and contributed significantly to academic literature on the subject.
Fields of Expertise
- Medical - Burns and scars
- Medical - Cosmetic procedures
- Medical - Gender reassignment
- Medical - Plastic surgery
ID1920 undertook medical training at an Australian university and trained as a General Surgeon. After several years of practice in General Surgery in Sydney, he travelled overseas to retrain in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and spent some time at one of the worlds leading burns units.
1984 - current: ID1920 is currently an Associate Professor at several Australian universities and practises at various Australian hospitals and private clinics. These appointments include:
- Clinical Associate Professor at various Australian universities
- Head of Department & Senior Plastic Surgeon at an Australian hospital
- Director of Burns Surgery at an Australian hospital
- Head of Department Operating Theatres at an Australian hospital
- Visiting Plastic Surgeon at various regional Australian hospitals
- Consultant Burn Surgeon at various international hospitals
- Instructor, Emergency Management Severe Burn Injury Course ANZBA
- Co-Chairman Health District Surgical Demand Committee
Membership highlights include:
- Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member, Australian & New Zealand Burn Association
- Member, American Burn Association
- Founding Member, American Academy of Wound Healing Physicians
Since 2001 Expert Experts have been helping clients across Australia find the right expert to address their evidentiary requirements across many areas of law.
Let us help you save time and cost.
St Leonards 1590
Phone: 1300 72 66 55
Fax: 1300 72 66 33