The field of plastic surgery includes surgeries performed to restore, reconstruct or alter the human body. These surgeries are categorised into two types:
- Reconstructive surgery; and
- Cosmetic or aesthetic surgery.
Reconstructive surgery includes craniofacial surgery, hand surgery, microsurgery and treatment of burns. It aims to reconstruct and improve a part of the body.
In contrast, cosmetic surgery aims to improve the aesthetics of the body.
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain a recommendation that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Experts in the field of plastic surgery are essential in cases of medical malpractice and personal injury. They may be required to perform independent medical examinations, review medical records, provide medical photography and write expert reports on the standard of care in plastic surgery procedures.
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype