Otolaryngology is a medical speciality that is focused on conditions of the ear nose and throat, and structures of the head and neck.
Otolaryngologists, or Head and Neck Surgeons, are specialist surgeons trained in the medical and surgical treatment of conditions relating to the head and neck. They investigate and treat the following:
- Ear: Hearing loss, ear infections, balance disorders, tinnitus, nerve pain, and facial and cranial nerve disorders. They also manage congenital (birth) disorders of the outer and inner ear.
- Nose: They diagnose, manage and treat allergies, sinusitis, polyps, and nasal obstruction due to a deviated septum. They can also correct the appearance of the nose (rhinoplasty surgery).
- Throat: They have expertise in managing diseases of the larynx (voice box) and the upper aero-digestive tract or oesophagus, including voice and swallowing disorders.
- Head and Neck: In the head and neck area, they treat infectious diseases, benign and malignant (cancerous) tumours, facial trauma, and deformities of the face. They perform both cosmetic plastic and reconstructive surgery.
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain an expert submission that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Experts in this field are called upon to provide evidence in medical cases that require opinion on surgery to the ear, nose or throat, treatment of conditions related to the ear, nose, throat, head and neck, complications, and injury.
They are often sought after in cases of medical negligence.
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype