Motor vehicle modification involves making changes to a vehicle such as:
- Giving it a distinctive appearance
- Improving performance
- Adding desired features
- Replacing the engine or other parts
- Modifying the suspension
- Changing the fuel tank
Some vehicle modifications may be performed to design a vehicle for a specialised purpose.
Even though vehicle modifications are aimed at improving performance or appearance, they may have a negative effect on the vehicle’s safety or emission performance. Therefore, vehicle owners who wish to modify their vehicles need to follow the standards and guidelines that apply to the modification of vehicles for use on the roads.
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain an expert submission that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Motor vehicle modification experts are experienced and knowledgeable in automotive design, motor vehicle safety standards and government standards in relation to vehicle modifications. They may be required in cases involving:
- A vehicle crash involving a modified vehicle or modified parts
- Approval disputes regarding modified vehicles
- Negligence of safety in the modifications
- Compliance issues with the standards provided by the governing body
- Failure of the installed/modified parts on the vehicle
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype
Solar panel detected on four wheel drive bonnet, Adelaide driver cautioned
An Adelaide man has been issued with a caution and a fine for modifications to his car, including a solar panel on the bonnet and gas bottle attached to the rear.
Car modifications and your insurance
If you are contemplating 'souping up' your vehicle, regardless of whether the modification you want to make is in the form of a minor safety-minded addition or in the form of a full-on facelift, there are some important things you need to know and consider, both when it comes to the law and your car insurance.
McAndrew v. CMC Cairns Pty Ltd & Anor  QSC 245
This case involved a dispute regarding the cost of vehicle modifications.
Related Blog Articles
Related Area of Legal Practice
Related Area of Insurance