Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance in NSW applies to personal injury claims arising out of an accident involving fault in the use or operation of a motor vehicle and to “blameless” accidents. It also involves a Life Time Care & Support Scheme (LTCS).
Accidents occurring prior to December 2017 are subject to the Motor Accidents Compensation Act 1999 (NSW).
Accidents occurring on or after 1 December 2017 are subject to the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017 (NSW) which has introduced a new statutory benefits regime based on the Workers Compensation scheme which precedes a fault based damages scheme for non ‘minor injuries’.
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain an expert submission that suits your needs and budget.
What Expert Evidence
Experts relevant to issues of fault and contributory negligence include experts in:
- Accident reconstruction (what happened, speeds, relative positions on road-surface)
- Lighting, vision and reaction perception
- Bio-mechanics (seat-belt, seating position driver / passenger, consistency of injury)
- Toxicology and pharmacology (alcohol / BAC and drugs)
- Road surfaces (road authority cause or contribute to accident)
- Road signage (signage authority cause or contribute to accident)
Quantum / Damages
Experts relevant to quantum include:
- Earning capacity, including post accident earning capacity in the employment in which the claimant was previously engaged or in any employment reasonably available,
- Non Economic Loss, based on Whole Person Impairment,
- Reasonable Treatment
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype