Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance in NSW applies to personal injury claims arising out of an accident involving fault in the use or operation of a motor vehicle and to “blameless” accidents. It also involves a Life Time Care & Support Scheme (LTCS).
Accidents occurring prior to December 2017 are subject to the Motor Accidents Compensation Act 1999 (NSW).
Accidents occurring on or after 1 December 2017 are subject to the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017 (NSW) which has introduced a new statutory benefits regime based on the Workers Compensation scheme which precedes a fault based damages scheme for non ‘minor injuries’.
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain a recommendation that suits your needs and budget.
What Expert Evidence
Experts relevant to issues of fault and contributory negligence include experts in:
- Accident reconstruction (what happened, speeds, relative positions on road-surface)
- Lighting, vision and reaction perception
- Bio-mechanics (seat-belt, seating position driver / passenger, consistency of injury)
- Toxicology and pharmacology (alcohol / BAC and drugs)
- Road surfaces (road authority cause or contribute to accident)
- Road signage (signage authority cause or contribute to accident)
Quantum / Damages
Experts relevant to quantum include:
- Earning capacity, including post accident earning capacity in the employment in which the claimant was previously engaged or in any employment reasonably available,
- Non Economic Loss, based on Whole Person Impairment,
- Reasonable Treatment
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype