A vehicle fire is an uncontrolled and undesired burning of a motor vehicle. It is one of the most common types of fire related property damage. A motor vehicle has many components that contain different types of flammable materials and liquids such as petrol, gas, diesel and oil. Fuel leaks from ruptured fuel lines can be one of the reasons for a vehicle fire especially in petrol fuelled cars where sparks can occur in the engine.
Vehicle fires can occur as a result of:
- Mechanical failures or malfunctions
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Deliberate arson
- Electrical failures
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain a recommendation that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Vehicle fire experts may be required to provide expert evidence in a range of cases including:
- Accident investigation and reconstruction
- Investigating fire cause and origin
- Mechanical failure analysis
- Investigating vehicle arson
- Investigating fires and explosions
- Vehicle fire safety engineering
These experts can provide expert opinion to help determine if the vehicle fire was caused due to a mechanical defect, human factors, hazardous inflammable material or other possible causes.
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype