Forensic psychology is the application of psychological knowledge to the justice system.
It requires knowledge of fundamental legal principles and the relevant jurisdictional considerations in order to appropriately work with attorneys, judges and other legal professionals.
The responsibilities while working within the field of forensic psychology may include:
• Collecting and reporting of evidence of a psychological nature for use in legal proceedings
• Performing psychological assessments and reporting on them
• Performing psychological formulations and diagnosis
• Assisting in psychological rehabilitation
• Performing forensic interviews
• Researching on psychological complications
Forensic psychology also includes specific areas of expertise such as psychological injury, workplace related psychological illness, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), mental health and psychiatric nursing.
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain an expert submission that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Experts in the field of forensic psychology are required to provide expert opinion in cases that relate to mental health or other cases that may have social, experimental, cognitive or developmental complications.
These highly knowledgeable and experienced experts regularly work on civil or criminal cases that have the events of abuse, violence, personality disorders, or memory conformity.
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype