Workers’ Compensation is the area of legal practice that is concerned with a form of insurance providing payments to employees injured during the course of their employment. It is an insurance policy that is compulsory for most employers.
Workers’ compensation provide following four set of benefits to the claimant employee:
- Weekly wages while they are unfit for work
- Medical expenses including all the medical charges and rehabilitation costs
- Permanent disability/impairment benefits, based on the disability
- Death benefits for family and dependents in an event of work related death
Legal practitioners who act in the area of workers’ compensation will generally specialise and;
- act for employees who allege they suffered injury/harm
- act for the employers that the alleged injured employee worked under
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain a recommendation that suits your needs and budget.
What Expert Evidence
Expert witnesses are often required to provide opinions, reports and testimony in connecting with workers’ compensation insurance claims.
As a lot of the compensation claims have a varied area of work, so do the types of experts sought. The experts generally have extensive experience in the area of the claim.
Some of the reasons from which the compensation claims can arise from are:
- Excessive physical stress
- Slips, trips and falls
- Machinery accidents
- Psychological injuries including bullying and harassment
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype