Comcare refers to the Commonwealth worker’s compensation scheme, which provides compensation to public service employees of the federal and ACT governments, along with a few affiliated companies such as Australia Post, Telstra and TNT.
It compensates workers for any injuries or disease experienced as a result of, or exacerbated by, their work. Workers can claim payment for time off work, care services, reasonable medical expenses and non-economic loss.
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain an expert submission that suits your needs and budget.
What Expert Evidence
Experts are often required in Comcare claims to:
- Provide assessments to assist determination of issues of liability
- Provide assessment of public service work processes
- Provide assessments of injury (physical and psychological)
- Provide assessments of economic loss
- Provide assessment of future earning capacity
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype