Comcare refers to the Commonwealth worker’s compensation scheme, which provides compensation to public service employees of the federal and ACT governments, along with a few affiliated companies such as Australia Post, Telstra and TNT.
It compensates workers for any injuries or disease experienced as a result of, or exacerbated by, their work. Workers can claim payment for time off work, care services, reasonable medical expenses and non-economic loss.
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain a recommendation that suits your needs and budget.
What Expert Evidence
Experts are often required in Comcare claims to:
- Provide assessments to assist determination of issues of liability
- Provide assessment of public service work processes
- Provide assessments of injury (physical and psychological)
- Provide assessments of economic loss
- Provide assessment of future earning capacity
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype