This field of psychology is concerned with the assessment of cognitive capacity specifically with regard to a person’s legal capacity.
There is a wide range of situations where it may be important to have obtained an expert assessment of a person’s cognitive / legal capacity.
These links connects to a discussion of each of these fields
- Legal capacity - testamentary capacity
- Legal capacity - appointment of enduring guardian
- Legal capacity – enter a plea
- Legal capacity – power of attorney
- Legal capacity - guardianship
- Legal capacity – funds management
- Legal capacity – litigation instructions
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain a recommendation that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Experts in the area of assessing a person’ legal capacity are often required to provide expert advice.
Some examples of the types of situations where expert opinion may be required include:
- Revisions to a will late in life
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype