This field of psychology is concerned with the assessment of cognitive capacity specifically with regard to a person’s legal capacity.
There is a wide range of situations where it may be important to have obtained an expert assessment of a person’s cognitive / legal capacity.
These links connects to a discussion of each of these fields
- Legal capacity - testamentary capacity
- Legal capacity - appointment of enduring guardian
- Legal capacity – enter a plea
- Legal capacity – power of attorney
- Legal capacity - guardianship
- Legal capacity – funds management
- Legal capacity – litigation instructions
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain an expert submission that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Experts in the area of assessing a person’ legal capacity are often required to provide expert advice.
Some examples of the types of situations where expert opinion may be required include:
- Revisions to a will late in life
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype