Overuse syndrome or repetitive strain are the terms used to describe a wide range of overuse injuries affecting the muscles, tendons, and nerves of the body such as the neck, back, chest, shoulders, arms and hands.
Symptoms of overuse syndrome may include:
- Muscle discomfort
- Pains and aches
- Muscle tightness
There are a number of causes of repetitive strain injuries. Most commonly it is due to any repetitive work or activity performed for a long period of time.
Other factors that can lead to these injuries may include:
- Forceful holding or movement
- Lack of proper workplace practices
- Poor ergonomics
- Continuous awkward postures and movements
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain an expert submission that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Experts in overuse syndrome and repetitive strain are essential in cases of work related injuries and can provide opinion on a range of issues including:
- Investigating the causes of repetitive strain or overuse syndrome injuries
- Assessing the ergonomics of workplace environments that may cause repetitive strain or overuse syndrome
- Assessing the safety of industrial ergonomics
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype