Overuse syndrome or repetitive strain are the terms used to describe a wide range of overuse injuries affecting the muscles, tendons, and nerves of the body such as the neck, back, chest, shoulders, arms and hands.
Symptoms of overuse syndrome may include:
- Muscle discomfort
- Pains and aches
- Muscle tightness
There are a number of causes of repetitive strain injuries. Most commonly it is due to any repetitive work or activity performed for a long period of time.
Other factors that can lead to these injuries may include:
- Forceful holding or movement
- Lack of proper workplace practices
- Poor ergonomics
- Continuous awkward postures and movements
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain a recommendation that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Experts in overuse syndrome and repetitive strain are essential in cases of work related injuries and can provide opinion on a range of issues including:
- Investigating the causes of repetitive strain or overuse syndrome injuries
- Assessing the ergonomics of workplace environments that may cause repetitive strain or overuse syndrome
- Assessing the safety of industrial ergonomics
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype