A range of acts, regulations and codes of practice have implemented into each Australian state and territory in order to minimise risks in the workplace. All employers are required to adhere to standards regarding the treatment of workers and the safety of work environments.
The primary legislation concerning these standards in NSW are the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2017.
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain an expert submission that suits your needs and budget.
What Expert Evidence
Experts are often required in cases where employers are accused of breaching their occupational or work health safety laws. They may be required to:
- Investigate a work environment for potential dangers
- Investigate an employer’s business practices and procedures for comparison with established guidelines
- Provide assessments of worker physical and psychological injuries and relate to workplace standards
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype