Assessing the employability of an insured is one of the main issues to be resolved in claims made pursuant to income protection and total and permanent disability (TPD) policies of insurance.
Assessing employability accurately and reliably requires a number of distinct fields of expertise working closely together.
Fields of expertise that are often involved in an assessment of employability may include:
- Assessing the loss of physical capacity for work
- Assessing the loss of psychological capacity for work
- Assessing work relevant work history, educational background and training
- Assessing the level of activity in accessible labour markets
- Assessing the earnings of identified work options
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain an expert submission that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Earning Capacity Assessments has been a leader in the assessment of employability for 17 years.
ECA designs products and services to meet the particular business process, evidentiary and decision making needs of clients across a range of different areas of law.
While the product names are kept consistent across different areas of personal injury, the specific content of the products and services varies to meet the different specific questions required to be answered in each area of personal injury law.
ECA works closely with a team of experts in all of the fields that are required to produce reliable and accurate estimates of the capacity for work and earning capacity after personal injury.
The link below connect you with the ECA products designed for the requirements of
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype