Building construction standards are a set of rules that specify the criteria for the design and construction of buildings and other non-building structures including bridges, monuments, dams, airports, tunnels and many others.
Throughout Australia, the National Construction Code (NCC) outlines the minimum necessary requirements for safety, health, amenity, accessibility and sustainability in the design, construction and performance of new buildings or the modification of existing buildings. It is the uniform set of technical codes for building work, plumbing and drainage installations throughout Australia.
These construction standards are generally applied by architects, engineers, interior designers, builders and regulators for the design and construction of buildings.
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain an expert submission that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Experts in this field may be required to:
- Assess a building structure to check compliance to standards
- Resolve disputes due to the lack of compliance to standards
- Perform site assessments
- Assess equipment failure during construction
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype