A building is a structure with a roof and walls that is mostly present permanently in one place. The construction process includes the planning, design and financing of the building project and continues until the building is built and ready for use.
Building construction also includes the process of adding structures to an already built property. The majority of construction jobs include small renovations to building structures such as adding an additional room or renovating a bathroom.
Builders are responsible for the day to day oversight of a construction site, management of vendors and trades, and the communication of information to all involved parties throughout the course of a building project.
At the bottom of this profile are brief details of a number of the experts that Expert Experts represents. Call our office to discuss your requirements and to obtain a recommendation that suits your needs and budget.
Expertise in Action
Experts in this field are essential in a wide range of cases including:
- Construction defects
- Building code violations
- Construction disputes
- Building material failures
- Failure to meet industry standards of care
- Breach in building contract
- Plumbing defects
- Failure of building construction equipment
A building expert witness may be required to perform site inspections and assessments to investigate the source of conflict, defect or code violation.
For some fields of expertise we have some sample sections of de-identified reports. Please contact our office if you are interested in a sample.
The overall cost of expert opinion depends on the services required. Some of the key factors that affect the cost of advice include:
- The need for a view or inspection of a location
- The quantity of documentary material to be reviewed
- Whether there are reports of other experts to be reviewed and commented on in detail
- Whether there is a need for conferences with the expert either in person or by telephone/Skype